Sunday, September 26, 2010

It Eez Not a Toomuh!

Sunday's are usually slow around the Center, and today was no exception. I woke up around 1:30 pm, (god love sleeping in!) to a very sore me. My knees were hating me from a full, but wonderful, night of dancing, but my back felt lovely after my late night massage swap. Then I looked down at my feet. To my surprise, they looked diseased and ugly. I couldn't figure out what was going on, until they immediately started itching. Somewhere in the course of Saturday evening, sand fleas must have thought my feet were a good place to have a rave, and they went absolutely nuts. I have about 30-40 bites on each foot, and another 30 on each ankle, finishing up with 10 or so on each knee. I have no idea where or when they occurred but my feet look awful. I'm sure I will come home without any feet if they keep eating my appendages as voraciously as last night, and I'll be a good foot shorter. For those of you that feel I'm too tall, here's your chance to rejoice. :/ I moseyed out into the commons and fumbled for some oatmeal leftover from 11:00 am brunch. The Center was pretty dead as everyone had dispersed for the day. I found some of the guys and we recapped the evening a little bit and headed down to the docks to snorkel. Most of them decided to go workout however, so I went back up and found Alex listening to music in his room. We chatted for a little bit and then I went back down to snorkel. The visibility today was phenomenal, one of the best days yet. I didn't have a buddy so I had to stay close to the dock, but it was a perfect day just to float and look for shells and sea glass, as there was perfect vision straight to the bottom. An hour of searching later, and I came back to the docks with a few really cool shells, product of lots of time spent floating. The fish were very mild and friendly today too, and it was easy to swim right up to them. Several cute damselfish or slippery dicks came in front of my mask and were just staring at me. I climbed out finally, cold and with prizes, and chatted with Savannah, a fellow tomboy, on the docks for a while. I was exhausted still for some reason so I puttered around a little more and then napped until it was time for dinner. Lasagna was tonight's feast of choice, which was refreshing. We are at the end of our food stores, so dinners lately have been heavily involving rice and beans, whatever spice combinations we can concoct to last us until tomorrow or Tuesday, our scheduled shipment arrival day.

Our litter assessment group met to discuss our plan of attack for Tuesday, and we split off to tackle our respective portions. The server is having trouble producing all of our documents in a timely fashion, so it has been really difficult to make progress this evening. Sway and I took a long walk just to get out of the Center, sometimes it gets stifling there. We've made it somewhat of a routine to walk and talk about life or trade crazy stories. Tonight's topic seemed to be boy scouts as we talked about various friends made and camps attended. It began to rain so we headed inside and grabbed oatmeal before reading some more and calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment